Sterilization and Disinfection
We follow all the disinfection and sterilization procedures needed for infection control.
These are used for each and every patient to prevent the transmission of the AIDS virus and other infectious diseases. Preventing the spread of disease is of the utmost concern for both the dental staff and the patient. You can be assured that, we meet or exceed all standards for infection control as set forth by ADA (American Dental Association) and IDA ( Indian Dental Association). We regularly undergo training to insure that our infection control skills and knowledge is fresh and up to date in India and world to offer the best possible dental tourism experience to our patients.
Some of the infection control methods we utilize are:
- Our dentists and dental-team members (dental hygienist and assistant) wash their hands and put on a fresh pair of gloves before starting treatment. New disposable gloves are used whenever we enter the operatory
- Masks and protective eyewear are worn during dental procedures
- Disposable supplies such as masks, wipes, paper drapes, suction/water tube tips, needles and scalpel blades, are used only once and then disposed of properly.
Using disposable items is another way that dentists maintain a clean and sterile office.
- All surfaces are either covered with disposable plastic or disinfected prior to each patient's use
The procedure for sterilization of instruments are:
All instruments, including hand pieces, are sterilized after each use and sealed.
- Instruments are first scrubbed clean to remove debris with spirit swabs.
- Then they are immersed in 5% Korsolex sterilizing solution for 45 minutes for standard disinfection.
- Cold sterile instruments are then packed in individualized sterile packs and sterilized in
a steam autoclave.
Sterile Packs Autoclave
- Dental Instruments, in sterile packages, are then stored in U.V.Chamber to maintain the sterilization, which are opened in front of the patient.
We, at Aastha Dental clinic follow all the disinfection procedures needed for infection control which is a priority.
- Our sterilization equipment is regularly checked to insure its effectiveness in killing all pathogenic organisms and a new pack of supplies is opened in front of the patient prior to the treatment.
- Surgical scrubs or over-garments are worn (we do not wear scrubs out of the office).
- All hazardous material is clearly labeled
- Bio-hazardous waste material is separately stored and removed from the facility.